The GLOBALMEDIC Medical Center offers its patients both diagnosis and treatment of allergies. Diagnosis is in fact the first, but extremely important stage of treatment. In addition to traditional diagnostic methods (skin tests, blood tests), we also use methods based on IgE-dependent detection.
One of the tools we use is the ALEX2 test – molecular diagnostics of allergies, allowing for simultaneous testing of 295 allergens. This advanced form of diagnostics is particularly useful in the case of inhalant allergy, where it is important to accurately determine the body’s reaction to individual allergens and their molecular components. Thanks to this, the patient’s condition can be precisely assessed and appropriate countermeasures can be taken.
Molecular diagnostics is also important in the selection of the appropriate desensitizing vaccine. It gives us a wider field of view and provides more information than traditional diagnostics based only on allergen extracts.
Precise diagnosis allows to determine the right treatment path.
It is precisely detailed and precise diagnostics that allows for the composition of an individualized and personalized vaccine for a given patient.
When diagnosing and treating allergies, we use the products of the Spanish company INMUNOTEK and the German company BIOCHECK.
Asthma is a chronic disease of the airways that is characterized by inflammation and constriction of the bronchial tubes, leading to attacks of shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. This disease is caused by the overreactivity of the bronchi to various irritants, such as air allergens, pollution, pollen, dust, animal hair or chemicals.
Symptoms of bronchial asthma can vary depending on the severity of the disease, but the most common are:
- Breathlessness attacks
- Severe asthma attacks
Symptoms of allergic rhinitis may include:
- Watery nasal discharge
- Stuffed nose
- Nose itching
- Itching and watery eyes
- Fatigue and deterioration of sleep quality
Symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis may include:
- Itchy eyes
- Burning and burning sensation
- Swelling of the eyelids
- Watery discharge from the eyes
Food allergy symptoms can vary and include:
- Skin symptoms: Hives, itching, redness of the skin, rashes, swelling of the lips, face or limbs
- Gastrointestinal symptoms: Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea.
- Respiratory symptoms Sneezing, shortness of breath, coughing, nasal congestion.
The symptoms of atopic dermatitis can vary, but most commonly include:
- Dry skin
- Skin infection
With COPD, the airways and alveoli in the lungs are permanently damaged, leading to difficulty breathing. The main symptoms of COPD are:
- Chronic cough
- Shortness of breath, especially on exertion
- Excessive secretion of mucus from the respiratory tract
- Cramps and tightness in the chest
- Fatigue and lack of energy
Symptoms of allergic sinusitis may include:
- Nasal congestion
- Pain or pressure in the face area
- Yellow or green nasal discharge
- Headache, especially around the forehead or temples
Insect venom allergy symptoms can vary and include:
- Swelling and redness at the site of the bite.
- Severe pain at the bite site.
- Itching or skin rash.
- Swelling of distal parts of the body (e.g. face, lips, tongue, hands or feet).
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, wheezing.
- Dizziness, nausea, vomiting.
- Decrease in blood pressure, fainting.
Symptoms of generalized allergic reactions can vary and include:
- Skin symptoms: itching, rash, skin redness, hives, swelling of the skin.
- Respiratory symptoms: Respiratory symptoms: shortness of breath, bronchospasm, wheezing, coughing, feeling of suffocation.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea.
- Cardiovascular symptoms: collapse, low blood pressure, tachycardia (rapid heartbeat).
- Nervous system symptoms: dizziness, disorientation, loss of consciousness, loss of consciousness.
- Urinary system symptoms: Urinary system symptoms: difficulty urinating, abdominal pain.
The main symptoms of contact eczema include:
- Blisters and skin eruptions
- Dryness and peeling
The cost of a diagnostic and consultation visit is PLN 150.
Would you like to book an appointment?
24 384 71 17
24 384 71 17